AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Thursday, May 2, 2013

D.I.Y budget seagrass floor mat...

I found these seagrass mats for only $1 each at bunnings. I have bought about thirty of them to repurpose around my house. They are gorgeous and textural and they have a lovely smell about them.

I tied twelve of them together to make this larger size mat for my outside sitting area. I might add another row of four mats to make it larger.

It's very easy to do, I just tied each side together at about five points with jute twine. I do have a blister on my finger from tying knots, but I think it was worth it...







8 comments:

  1. what a great idea - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Idea! Its looks great <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea and only $1 each at bunnings..i may go get some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome project! I wonder if I could find something like that close to me, I would love to fill my whole porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're great aren't they? I have one at the back and front door, inside the house. Rubber tyre mats the other side (outside). They don't last long but long enough and then they get broken up and put into the garden when they're falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea of Floor Mats.... I really happy to see the way you use of jute.

    ReplyDelete